Was the latest YouTube video you watched on health tips and longevity truly unbiased, objective, and all-inclusive? Did the experts make conflicting recommendations? For example: Is all blue light bad for us? What about the everyday blue light of the sun that helps to reset our biorhythms? Should you take melatonin before you sleep? A number of studies show that melatonin supplements can help people sleep, but health experts have recently found that high doses, especially taken over a long period of time, can produce side effects like nausea, dizziness, headaches, and anxiety. What about coffee, dark chocolate, or supplements like resveratrol or quercetin? Are supplements equally good for everyone? Is the person who is recommending the supplement connected to the company? Important questions like these are frequently left unanswered.
Generally, we are burdened with an information overload, making it hard to decide whether a particular supplement is actually good for us. Too often the research is mostly on animals with only limited studies on humans.
Herbal supplements have been used for thousands of years by natural systems of medicine. Ayurveda even has a special class of supplements called Rasayanas, which are specifically designed to promote longevity. According to Ayurveda, such preparations help to reset the proper sequential unfoldment of the inner intelligence of our body, and automatically correct imbalances that might lead to disease.
For more details on supplements see our Ranking of Longevity Supplements and our article Biohack Longevity Supplements: Modern Science and Ancient Ayurveda.
The goal of life is make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.
The simplest way to determine if a supplement is good for you is to try it for a while and then stop taking it. If you notice that the good effects have lessened or vanished completely, then be sure to start taking the supplements again.
Check it Out:
The new Audible version of Gut Crisis.
Our new website at biohacklongevity.com.
The Ranking of Longevity Supplements
The new article Biohack Longevity Supplements: Modern Science and Ancient Ayurveda.
- Fatemeh G, Sajjad M, Niloufar R, Neda S, Leila S, Khadijeh M. Effect of melatonin supplementation on sleep quality: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Neurol. 2022 Jan;269(1):205-216. doi: 10.1007/s00415-020-10381-w. Epub 2021 Jan 8. PMID: 33417003.
- Gut Crisis: How Diet, Probiotics, and Friendly Bacteria Help You Lose Weight and Heal Your Body and Mind by Robert Keith Wallace, PhD, and Samantha Wallace, Dharma Publications, 2017
- The Rest And Repair Diet: Heal Your Gut, Improve Your Physical and Mental Health, and Lose Weight by Robert Keith Wallace, PhD, Samantha Wallace, Andrew Stenberg, MA, Jim Davis, DO, and Alexis Farley, Dharma Publications, 2019
- Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don’t Have To by David Sinclair and Mathew LaPlante, Atria Books; Illustrated edition 2019
- Biohack Longevity Supplements: Modern Science and Ancient Ayurveda.
Wishing you great good health and happiness,
The Biohack Longevity, Doc Gut, Dosha Guru, and Dharma Parenting Team